Patent foundation: "As of February 20, 2009, our intellectual property portfolio included 595 issued U.S. patents and 275 issued international patents. In addition, we have 328 domestic and 363 international patent applications. Our patents have expiration dates ranging from March 9, 2010 to August 10, 2027. In 2008, 106 U.S. standard or provisional patent applications were filed, along with 69 international patent applications. We continually file new patent applications for new developments in our technology."
Employees: "As of January 31, 2009, we had 417 employees, with 39 in sales, marketing and licensing, 281 in research and development (including employees who perform engineering, assembly and infrastructure services under our service agreements with third parties) and 97 in general administration, including general management, information technology, finance and accounting."
Current legal actions: There are 12 active material cases listed in the filing which will not be detailed here, but they include:
- Tessera, Inc. v. Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. et al.
- Tessera, Inc. v. Amkor Technology, Inc.
- Tessera Technologies, Inc. v. Hynix Semiconductor Inc. et. al
- In re Certain Semiconductor Chips With Minimized Chip Package Size and Products Containing Same, ITC No. 337-TA-605
- Tessera, Inc. v. Motorola, Inc., et. al
- In the Matter of Certain Semiconductor Chips with Minimized Chip Package Size and Products Containing Same (III)
- Tessera, Inc. v. A-DATA Technology Co., Ltd., et al.
- In the Matter of Certain Semiconductor Chips with Minimized Chip Package Size and Products Containing Same (IV)
- Siliconware Precision Industries Co., Ltd. and Siliconware U.S.A., Inc. v. Tessera, Inc.,
- Advanced Semiconductor Engineering Inc., ASE Test Limited, and ASE (U.S.) Inc. v. Tessera, Inc.
- ChipMOS Technologies Inc., ChipMOS U.S.A. Inc. and ChipMOS Technologies (Bermuda) Ltd. v. Tessera, Inc.,
- Tessera, Inc. v. United Test and Assembly Center Limited, et al